Dealing with a flea infestation on your own is nothing short of a battle. Though it might be your pet that brought fleas inside your home, it is you who has to deal with the problem before it gets too big!
Sure-shot Signs of Flea Infestation in Your Carpet
Fighting flea infestation is notoriously tricky; it often takes days or even week to exterminate all the fleas from your home entirely. Though the fleas are tiny and almost invisible to naked eyes, there are chances that you may spot them jumping in the air. Moreover, they bite leaving a nasty red and itching circle on the biting spot.
How to get rid of fleas?
Getting rid of one of the smallest bugs is no an easy task. Numerous steps and time are needed to fully exterminate all of the fleas infesting your home.
Exterminating fleas isn’t easy, but with these few methods, you can contain the infestation:
- Vacuum your home regularly and thoroughly
- Clean the bedding of your pets.
- Wash your carpets with world-class shampoo and conditioner
- Call a professional once or twice a year to steam clean your carpets
- If the infestation is out of control, call a professional pest control service provider.
- One of the easiest and most effective ways to kill fleas is using insecticides. There are various organic and eco-friendly insecticides in the market.
Vacuum the carpets
- Since the carpet fabrics strongly resemble hair, the chances of fleas infestation increase manifold. So, it is always best to take proactive steps before you are compelled to throw away a perfectly good (and new) carpet. If you’ve noticed any signs of fleas, make sure to vacuum your house thoroughly, without wasting a minute. Remember to throw away the vacuum bag outside of your home.
Clean your pet’s bedding
- Most often you get flea infestation from your pet. That’s why it’s essential to wash your dog or cat at least once a week. Make sure to vacuum their bed, steam clean it and leave it outside in the sun to dry.
Professional Carpet Cleaning
- Make sure you get your carpets clean every once or twice a year. Professional steam cleaning kill fleas in all stages like egg, larva, pupa, and adult. Fleas cannot withstand temperature exceeding exceeding 38 degrees Celsius, and steam coming from a professional steam cleaner is twice as higher which kills them all.
In case the fleas infestation has gone out of control, call a professional pest control service provider to get rid of the flea infestation.
Hire Professional Pest Control Services : 0448 955 555.