Today everyone is concerned about the safety and our country is taking special measures and precautions to curb the spread of Coronavirus. Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that are usually common in animals. Coronaviruses are famous for causing many respiratory infections right from the common cold to severe ailments like MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) and even SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome). The most recently discovered coronavirus has sent the world into a frenzy causing the coronavirus disease COVID-19. This new virus and disease were unknown before it began in Wuhan in China at the end of 2019.
According to the World Health Organization, the possible animal source of COVID-19 has not been confirmed yet. Today more than 160 countries are fighting this disease. As of 18 March 2020, 6.30 am the total number of confirmed cases has reached 454, which is 40 more than the previous day.
Numbers Relating to Coronavirus Across the World
- Confirmed Cases – 190,600+
- Deaths – 7,700+
Australian Capital Territory
New South Wales
- Recovered – 43
- Deaths – 5
- Cases Acquired from Overseas – 228
- Cases from Contact of Previously Affected – 62
- Exposure Source Under Investigation – 138
- Unknown Source of Infection – 26
Symptoms of Coronavirus
The symptoms of COVID-19 are usually mild and begin gradually from 2 to 14 days. Some of the common signs are
- Dry Cough
Few of the patients have also complained of
- Aches and Pains
- Nasal Congestion
- Runny Nose
- Sore Throat
1 out of every 6 people who are affected become seriously ill and develop difficulty in breathing. It was also reported that about 80% recover from the disease without any special treatment.
Ways of Transmission
- Transmitted from person to person.
- It can spread when an infected person sneezes, coughs and the droplets affect the other nearby people.
- Gets transmitted when someone comes in contact with the infected object or place and then touches eyes, nose or mouth.
Coronavirus or COVID -19 is spreading fast and therefore it is recommended to stay at least 3 feet or 1 meter away from a person who is sick.COVID-19 spreads through respiratory droplets and not through the air. WHO is continuously assessing the ongoing research on the ways COVID-19 is spread.
Prevention of COVID -19
Prevention is always better than cure and when it comes to Coronavirus disease no specific treatment or medicine has been discovered yet. Today many countries like China has been successful in slowing the outbreak, but this situation is highly unpredictable and therefore it is important to take some preventive measures.
- One must regularly clean hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash with soap and water.
- Maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance from any person who is sneezing or coughing
- Avoid public and social gathering for sometime
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Follow Respiratory Hygiene
- Use a tissue while coughing or sneezing and dispose it properly
- Stay home when unwell and get it tested and treated on a priority basis to avoid infecting others
- Keep your hands and other body parts sanitized
- Keep your surroundings sanitized
We at Tradie Team Pest Control, urge everyone to follow the precautions to be safe from this outbreak. We believe that if you are free of this virus infestation, you should also be free of pests. No one knows the reasons behind the origin of Coronavirus and there is no vaccine available. One of the best precautions that can be taken into consideration is to keep your surroundings clean and pest free.
At Tradie Team Pest Control, we are committed to taking all the necessary steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and all other diseases that may or may not spread through the annoying pests. We are renowned for providing a wide range of pest control services like domestic pest control, commercial pest control, end of lease pest control and move in pest control. We eradicate pests like termites, spiders, moths, rats and mice, ants, flies, silverfish, wasps, bed bugs, birds nesting, bees, fleas, cockroach and more. Connect with us today for the best pest control service.